Body of missing Sydney dentist found in suitcase

Body of missing Sydney dentist found in suitcase

Body of missing Sydney dentist found in suitcase

After her family filed a missing person case at the police station, investigators launched a search for her vehicle which they found parked near Strachan Street, Kingsford, about 9.30 pm on Tuesday.

Reddy's body which was stabbed numerous times was found in a auto parked in Strachan Lane in Kingsford on Tuesday, days after she went missing from Sydney's busiest area under mysterious circumstances.

According to the police, Reddy was last seen standing in a queue at McDonald's in George Street on Sunday, March 3. She and her ex-boyfriend stayed in a hotel in Market Street in Sydney's CBD on Sunday, officials said.

The Glenbrook dental surgery where Dr Reddy worked was closed on Wednesday with a sign on the door that said: "Due to tragedy concerning our beloved colleague, the surgery will be closed for the time being". Her ex-boyfriend, who is the prime suspect, is said to have died in a "deliberate" road accident later.

The body of 32-year-old Preethi Reddy has been found in a suitcase.

According to the police, they spoke to Narde as part of the missing persons investigation before his death.

Police had been searching for the western Sydney woman since her family reported her missing on Sunday. CCTV footage showed her going to a nearby fast food joint on George Street around 2:15 am and then proceeded to her auto.

More news: Donald Trump steers CPAC message in new direction

Preethi Reddy, 32, was reported missing by her family on Sunday after she did not come home from a dental convention in St. Leonards, a suburb of Sydney, CNN affiliate 7 News Australia reported.

She was captured on CCTV inside McDonald's at the Strand Arcade in Sydney's CBD about 4.15am on Sunday and appeared to leave alone.

Dengate said Strike Force Carlwood officers investigating the case were unsure where and when Dr Reddy was murdered but were working on the probability she was killed at the hotel.

A Facebook page was set up soon after Dr Reddy went missing, calling for people to "help find Preethi Reddy". She was last seen at a line in McDonalds in the wee hours, where she bought a water bottle.

"I ask you all to think about her family right now and about giving them the space to actually to be in this space". Quoting Detective Superintendent Gavin Dengate, local newspapers reported that the duo had met in Sydney and the police are still looking at all the movements of the two.

"I spoke to her last Thursday and it was "see you next week" and completely normal".

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]