Mac Miller Died of Fentanyl, Cocaine Overdose

Mac Miller Died of Fentanyl, Cocaine Overdose

Mac Miller Died of Fentanyl, Cocaine Overdose

A coroner has ruled Pittsburgh rapper Mac Miller's death an accidental overdose due to a combination of drugs and alcohol.

Miller died as a result of a mix of fentanyl and cocaine, according to a toxicology report from the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.

Mac Miller's official cause of death has been revealed.

In early September, Miller was found in the morning by his assistant who went into his bedroom to wake him. Investigators found Fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol in his system. Mac was described as being "blue", even during the call for help. He had blood coming from one of his nostrils. The list of pills recovered in the home includes Xanax, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and Adderall. A rolled up $20 bill with white powdery residue was also found in his right pocket.

More news: President Trump mulls executive order to end birthright citizenship

The rapper, whose real name was Malcolm James Myers McCormick, was discovered unconscious in a "praying position" on his bed by a personal assistant, TMZ reported.

More than 71,500 Americans have died of a drug overdose in 2017, according to data released the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The concert, which featured performances by Chance the Rapper, John Mayer, and Travis Scott, marked the launch of the Mac Miller Circles Fund, a charity to "support youth arts and community-building programs in Mac Miller's memory".

Just before his death, Miller had announced a joint tour with Thundercat, to start in October.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]